Sunday, March 1, 2009


Find Jake Chalkley Online

A little bit of shameless self-plugging, just in case you were curious about which Jake Chalkley's are actually me.


How to Find Me


Here's is a list of different news articles, gallery mentions, and websites I've found that mention me on the Internet.

My Graphic Design Portfolio
This is where I keep my online graphic design portfolio. My objective was to design a portfolio site that could be easily navigated in a minimal amount of time while still having a little bit of style added to it.

Romance Explosion Live on YouTube
This is my YouTube music channel that features me performing guitar covers. I try to upload a video once every week or two. My Metallica "One" cover was featured on the front page of Digg in January.

My Motion Graphics Portfolio
Another YouTube channel devoted to my motion graphics and animation work I made while attending SAIC. It's in dire need of some cleaning up. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to do that sometime in 2009.

My LinkedIn Account
LinkedIn is a good place to keep an up-to-date CV and contact info. This is a link to my page.

Utrecht Artist Spotlight
The art supplies store Utrecht has a short spotlight of me on their website from when I won a t-shirt redesign contest at SAIC.

Therapy the Album
A quick and dirty myspace page devoted my first album composed entirely by yours truly. Much of the music was written late in high school and college. As a result, the teen angst is cranked to 10.

"All the Kings Men" 2007 Lollapalooza Banner
New York Magazine mentioned the 2007 Lollapalooza banners in one of their articles. My banner can be seen on the far left in the image on their site. The banner can also be found on my portfolio site here.

"One" Featured on ExtraLife
Power blogger and illustrator Scott Johnson gave me a nice plug by hosting my acoustic cover of Metallica's "One" on his site. The YouTube video (which can be seen here), has gotten over 2,000 visits just from his site alone.

Remember This?: Films on Forgetting video art festival
In 2006, I submitted a video for a "Films on Forgetting" exhibition. My video "Remember This?" featured a collage of every photo I had taken with my digital camera. The site mentions my name as on the exhibitors. A link to the video is coming soon.

2009 SAIC Alumni Calendar
I submitted my American Dreams piece for consideration in the 2009 SAIC Alumni Calendar. Unfortunately, it didn't win, but they were kind enough to mention me on their website.

2008 Fox Trot 5K Results
In 2008, I participated in my first 5K race. The website lists my results: 224 out of 632 runners is something I'm proud of.

Fnews Article: SAIC Logo Redesign
The student newspaper Fnews mentioned my redesign of the new SAIC logo when I turned it into a classic university logo.

America's Best Magazine's "Ten Resolutions to Keep in 2008" Article
Back when I was in charge of art direction at America's Best magazine, I occasionally wrote articles as well. Although I remained uncredited for "Ten Resolutions to Keep in 2008" article, I think I did a rather great job of summing up how I feel about goals and ambitions.

Time Out Chicago's Photo Contest
In 2007, I submitted a photo for Time Out Magazine's photo contest on the "real" or "hidden" Chicago. Although I didn't win, they were still nice enough to upload my photo to their flickr account.

My Vimeo Profile
A link to my very rarely used Vimeo profile.

No comments: