Friday, July 16, 2010


Holy Shit, that's George Lucas!

So I was enjoying my footlong chicken breast Subway sandwich today in beautiful Marin county when a familiar face walked in the door. Our eyes met, and he did a double take. I'm not sure if he recognized me first, or if I recognized him, but the first thing I thought was, "Holy Shit, that's George Lucas!"

Now I'm an awful person at remembering people. I do this weird thing where I'll see somebody walking down the streets of San Francisco who look like they attended Plainfield High, and I'll immediately start assigning the personality traits of their doppelganger to them. So I was slightly weary at first, but then more facts started to add up. George did a double take with me when he walked in: that means that he was used to getting people coming up to him in public. Doing a double take with me was a "Aw crap, here we go again..." moment for him. As I starred at him like some kind of carny, I decided that his hair, beard, and glasses were very much George Lucas like. He was also wearing a button up shirt, sleeves rolled up, and tucked into plain blue jeans. Also, from talking to employees at my company, I knew that George Lucas' house was within 10 minutes of my workplace. Finally, I looked at the car he drove to Subway. It was a Lexus. That was all the proof I needed.

Immediately, I started to geek out. If Switzerland can forgive Roman Polanski for drugging and sodomizing a 13 year old girl, could I forgive George for the Star Wars prequels? I thought it through in my mind, and I decided I that I had four options.

1.) Kill George Lucas
This would get me nationwide fame and, at least, a few supporters. Maybe the value of my art would go up? Maybe while being arrested, I could spout out lines from Episode I and get the crazy plea bargain?

2.) Harass George Lucas
Put the heat on ol' Georgie a little bit. Let him know what I thought about the prequels. Really tell him how it is for once. The chances of me getting arrested for light harassment are pretty slim. Worst case scenario, I get kicked out of that Subway for life. The upside is, I get to tell everyone for the rest of my life how I told George Lucas what's up! I'd be the envy of my peers

3.) Talk to George Lucas
Casually go up to him, thank him for his inspiration and influence, and part ways. Don't get in his personal space, but just let me know that I'm a fan.

4.) Nerd Out and Take Lots of Pictures
Be too afraid to talk to him, take as many pictures as possible, and then try to convince the Internet how cool I am.

I decided to go with number 4.


George Lucas in Subway

George Lucas in Subway

George Lucas in Subway

George Lucas in Subway

1 comment:

Sam said...

Damn, he's got a fat neck